Registration and Required Documents
New student registration hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily. Students will begin 2 days after their completed registration packets are received. Example: Family drops off registration packet on Monday, child will begin on Wednesday.
Under Hawaiʻi laws, all persons attending public school are required to attend the school in the geographic area in which they reside. However, permission to attend another school may be granted by the Department and it is also not guaranteed.
Please see the school office to request a Geographic Exception form if you wish to attend a school not in your geographic area. For more information, please see the Hawaiʻi DOE website.
Transfers to Daniel K. Inouye from Another Hawaiʻi Public School
Students coming to Daniel K. Inouye from a public school in Hawaiʻi must present the Release Card (Form 211) issued by the child’s former school and address verification (acceptance for quarters/utility bill/rental agreement).
Transfers to Daniel K. Inouye from Out-of-State - Required Documents
The following records are required when registering in Hawaiʻi for the first time:
- Birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate
- Report card and/or records from previous school
- Address verification
- (acceptance for quarters/electric or cable bill/rental agreement)
Medical Requirements (https://goo.gl/w9KZoU)
- Physical examination/Form 14 completed by a medical physician
- A physician must physically examine a student within twelve months before the student first enters school in Hawaiʻi.
- TB (Mantoux) test
- Proof of freedom from communicable tuberculosis through a negative TB (Mantoux) test or x-ray. Must show the date administered, date the result was read, the result (in mm), and who administered the test.
- New School Health Requirements effective 2020
Students can be provisionally enrolled if parents produce a signed doctor’s statement that indicates the student is in the process of completing all health requirements.
A date and time for the next scheduled visit must be noted on the doctor’s statement.
If health requirements are not met within thirty (30) days, the student will be excluded from school.
Families in Temporary Housing at Schofield Inn
While housed at Schofield Inn, your child(ren) may attend Daniel K. Inouye Elementary School. If you move to quarters within the Daniel K. Inouye area, please inform the school office about your change in address and phone number.
Once you move out of the Inn, you will need to move your child to the school serving that housing area. This is an Army/School district decision.
You may directly register your child(ren) at the school they will attend if you know where your permanent housing will be.