Grade 5 - Mrs. Doster
- School begins at 7:55.
- School dismisses at 2:10 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- On Wednesdays, school dismisses at 1:10.
- Students are assigned homework Monday through Thursday.
- The Wednesday folder is sent home each week. Please check this folder for school and community announcements.
- Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
1st Nine Weeks:
ELA: Students will be reading the novels Tuck Everlasting and Walk Two Moons as a class. Students will also read nonfiction short stories, picture books, and magazine articles. The students will learn the "RACE" method in order achieve success with comprehension and analysis of written work. The students will work towards writing personal narratives and narratives that include dialogue, transition, and descriptive detail.
Science: Students will work towards understanding Earth's place in the universe. This unit of study will include the argument that differences in the apparent brightness of the sun compared to other stars is due to their relative distances from Earth. The students will represent data in graphical displays to reveal patterns of daily changes in length and direction of shadows, day and night, and the seasonal appearance of some stars in the night sky.
Welcome to fifth grade! In my class, we will utilize a variety of learning styles in order to meet the needs of all students. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!